3.21.2012

DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint


Sidewalk chalk is one of our favorite outdoor go-to activities. Sometimes I find myself doodling all over the driveway long after my kiddos lose interest.  Ha! In the past, I have shredded my finger tips trying to use the very last speck of chalk to complete a masterpiece. Must…complete…the…pic…ture…  Anyway, now we use the chalk until it gets down to a nub. Our chalk nub collection has grown a bit so I decided to turn them into sidewalk chalk paint. This is so simple you can let the kids make it.

Materials:
Chalk
Hammer
Plastic baggie
Paint cups
Water
Brushes

Here’s  how we made it:

Step One
Place chalk in bag

Step Two
Hammer and crush the chalk into a powder. The kids LOVED this part. :)



Step Three
Pour chalk powder into paint cup and add water. You’ll have judge the amount of water based on amount of chalk. 






Step Four
Mix it up and paint!

This kept my kids busy for hours. Fresh air, sunshine and paint.  Woo hoo!

*You can also make this from scratch using a cornstarch and food coloring mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment